The Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) is a statutory body responsible to regulate and develop the accountancy profession in Malaysia. It is the sole organisation in Malaysia with the right to determine whether or not a person is qualified to be recognised as an accountant by virtue of the power provided by the Accountants Act, 1967.
1. MANAGER – FINANCIAL REPORTING & ASSURANCE
2. MANAGER – STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT & MONITORING
3. MANAGER – SMALL & MEDIUM PRACTICES
4. MANAGER – ENFORCEMENT & LEGAL
(INVESTIGATION COMMITTEE – ACCOUNTING)
5. SENIOR EXECUTIVE – PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
(SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS UNIT)
6. JUNIOR EXECUTIVE – PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Job Requirement And Job Description
If you believe you have the right profile to join our team and play a significant part in contributing to the institute’s mission, please send us your resume.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Interested applicants are invited to submit, under a Private & Confidential cover, a letter detailing how you can meet the requirements for the relevant position, a complete resume detailing experience and qualifications, present and expected salary, contact telephone number and a recent passport-sized photograph (n.r.) not later than 31/01/2017 to :-
The Head of Human Capital
MALAYSIAN INSTITUTE OF ACCOUNTANTS
Dewan Akauntan, No. 2, Jalan Tun Sambanthan 3
Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur
Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)
Join Telegram Kami : telegram.me/kerjakosongterkini
MIA is a statutory body established under the Accountants Act, 1967 to regulate and develop the accountancy profession in Malaysia. To date, MIA has 32324 members.
MIA's responsibilities include education and quality assurance as well as enforcement which are carried out to ensure that the credibility of the profession is maintained and that public interest is continuously upheld.
Its regulatory role is carried out through the following approaches:-
- Having an effective and competitive assessment framework in admitting members into MIA to ensure that the profession is able to meet public expectations where its human capital is concerned
- Meeting the education and development needs of members as part of a commitment to help members be knowledgeable and maintain their relevance in today’s markets
- Implementing professional standards and practices based on internationally accepted guidelines as standards and By-Laws for members to comply with in maintaining the integrity of the profession
- Having in place a robust disciplinary system for those who fail to comply with these standards and By-laws
Since its establishment more than 40 years ago, MIA has also been an active partner in nation-building as it actively contributes views and ideas for the well-being of the nation and its economy. In addition, MIA monitors international and local accounting trends and developments, and consults regularly with the government and regulatory bodies.